Thursday, November 04, 2010

October Rush

October is always such a busy month for "the team ". We wrapped up Aryn's first volleyball season, attended a few Halloween parties, had some visitors, attend the North Carolina State Fair, finished the 1st nine weeks of school, baked, cooked, carved 3 pumpkins, went trick or treating, and found a job .... see, it has been a busy month!


Kevin and I both did out civic duty and voted on November 2nd. Our vote actually did count. Our long term Democratic Congressmen as voted out. Now the Change is hopefully coming.

I have been baking up a storm.Fall does this to me, like i am getting ready for my winter hibernation!


pumpkin gems with cream cheese frosting dusted with chai tea and pumpkin pie spice

Mini pancake muffins with maple syrup and chocolate chips

The kids enjoyed trick or treating, trunk or treating and of course all the candy eating.

The entire gang, ready to go trick or treating!
Borat!
Gypsy
Alice


Aryn just finished her 1st season of volleyball. Her team name was the "Killers". There is something slightly disturbing about hearing your daughter and a group of 9-11 year olds yell " KILLERS!" really loudly. She had fun, the team won a few matches and she is looking forward to the spring season. Dad really enjoyed spending some time with Aryn at the gym! Andrew volunteered a few times to be the "line judge". He actually enjoyed being called "the ref" The "ref"
Finding the "sweet Spot" before serving



And I have managed to squeeze in a little time for crafting




1 comment:

nfaband said...

Yum ... now I'm really homesick, well homesick for your house that is, seeing the goodies you've posted reminds me of that yumolicious cake I woke up to for breakfast at your house last time I visited. I'd like to try the pumpkin gems next time I visit ... please! Glad you did your civic duty, we all did as well, and much like in your state we made a difference, all the right Democrats got in, :-) ya know I love ya right, it truly is all about voting, voting your conscience and then hoping that these people we put into office can get something done.
Give the kids a big hug and kiss from Auntie Tania ... miss you!