Tuesday, December 01, 2009

We are back from a trip to Chicago ....

and boy are we tired ! This was the first long social visit of the year and we had a ton of catching up to do !
We were blessed enough to have a Thanksgiving celebration 3 times in 1 week! We are thankful that so many people were able to share their time with us. We also were able to squeeze in a trip to the Aurora Outlet mall and Downtown Chicago to the Christkindlmarket .... as well as a stop to White Castle!

We are now gearing up for Christmas, and so much more.... the girls are marching in a parade on Saturday, having a fund raising Pancake breakfast with Santa for their dance troop and we have tons of Holiday events and parties coming up. We are hoping to squeeze in a weekend at Winterfest..... can you believe Downtown Raleigh has an outdoor skating rink?? I will share photos when we get to go.

Happy Holidays to all our friends and family!







At the german christmas festival at Daly Plaza in chicago


In front of the famed Chicago theater- we are standing in front of the Macys' windows, the day before the parade.

Kevin enjoying his birthday with the cousins ..... and a homemade german chocalate cake , compliments of Martha Stewart's twin sister, Debbie :D

3 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

how very cool!! lots of thanksgiving rocks!! and merry christmas back atcha baby!

nfaband said...

Wow ... you did get a bunch of visiting in while you were there, I'm so jealous, Chicago is one place I've never been, but so want to go ... one of these days. Glad you all had such a great time, Happy Belated Birthday to Kevin. Christmas is coming soon ... whew!

Audrey Pettit said...

Hey Monica! How cool that you got to head to Chicago! I would love to do that someday. And can't wait to hear about the Winterfest ice skating rink. I couldn't see it at all from our booth on Friday, and I'm very curious. Sounds like such fun!